Phone: (403) 223-2988
Fax: (403) 223-0295
Teachers - Grade 2
A bit about me:
My roots are in Coaldale and I call it my hometown, but I currently live in Lethbridge. I moved to Coaldale when I was in Grade 4 and lived there until I graduated the University of Lethbridge and moved out on my own. I love the friendly nature and cozy feeling a small town offers.
My family means the world to me! I love being a wife to my amazing husband, Troy. We got married on June 21st, 2017. We are now expecting our first child in January 2019! I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember, so this is a dream come true! I am the incredibly proud auntie to three amazing kids: Emily, Dustin and Brenden. My sister and I are 11 months apart and have been close our whole lives and I am so glad that I am able to have a close relationship to her kids. I am also the proud big sister to my brother who is 7 years younger than me.
While we were dating, my husband converted me to an Oilers fan! I enjoy watching hockey and have seen the Oilers play 3 times. I also enjoy going to Lethbridge Hurricanes games. My other interests include camping (in a tent), baking (gluten-free things since I have Celiac), playing board games with friends, going to concerts, and of course teaching.
I started teaching at Dr. Hamman in 2011 and have taught a wide variety of grades and subjects since then. I love being a part of the Dr. Hamman family and am looking forward to teaching Grade Two this year!
10 facts about Mrs. Melnychuk:
1) My family means the world to me. I'm very close with my sister and brother. I'm a very proud auntie!
2) I love playing games (Catan, and card games) with my friends.
3) I have Celiac Disease so I have to stay away from all things gluten. I miss a nice fluffy pizza dough and cinnamon buns the most.
4) Flip flops are my favorite kind of shoe and I love shoes!
5) Christmas is my favorite holiday and pretty much the only reason why I like winter.
6) Although I like all kinds of music, I enjoy Country the most. I love Keith Urban and have seen him 5 times.
7) I have a bit of an addiction to buying books, especially kids books.
8) FRIENDS is my all time favorite TV show.
9) I call Coaldale my hometown and my dad is the Mayor.
10) I love baking for my family. Butter tarts, shortbread and cheesecakes are my specialties.